"I ordered a director on July 1, 2018. This center, which was established in April 2012, is the 10th year on April 2021. Our mission is to encourage activities such as international-level research, international exchange programs for the promotion and development of occupational medicine, which is one of the 3rd mid-term goals of our university. Our roles are;
(1) Organization and implementation of international exchange affairs
(2) Cooperation with overseas universities / institutes in education, research and medicine
(3) Academic exchange with overseas universities / institutes including the organization of collaborative research, training courses and academic meetings
(4) Organization of student exchange programs as a part of education and training courses
(5) Provision of technical assistance to overseas counterparts in the field of occupational health, assistance to the implementation of consultation programs
(6) Advisement and necessary support for international students, faculty and staff as well as other necessary matters for the promotion of international exchange affairs.
In Japan, with the globalization of university education in progress, the number of institutions/universities with which we have signed memorandum of understanding (MOU) has become 23 as of FY2020. I myself used to work in the United States more than 20 years ago, and I often think that without such experience I could not be myself. Through our activities, we aim to strengthen the international competitiveness of not only our university students who will be the next generation, but also all the faculty members and researchers in our university."
"Having studied in the U.S. 20 years after I graduated from my university, I would like to emphasize that you should have international experience as young and early as possible. I encourage our students, researchers and doctors to have more international experiences. I would like to assist them as much as I can. Since 2013, I am in charge of the Medical Education Exchange Program which is the exchange program with two Korean universities and one Taiwanese college. I am glad to see the students getting deep understanding of each other through the program."